Broadway is currently accepting applications for:
-Director of Children's Ministries
Please see details below
Director of Children's Ministries
The Director of Children's Ministries at Broadway United Methodist Church directs, oversees, and helps implement the Christian education and activity program for children ages 3 through 5thgrade. Areas included in leading this age group are planning and communications, scheduling and coordinating volunteers, developing or purchasing curriculum for weekly Sunday school classes, after school children's activities and programs, mission opportunities and seasonal events.
- Bachelors Degree
- Understanding and experience in Child Development
- Experience in childcare or child education.
- Ability to organize and manage schedules of volunteer staff and coordinate multiple events and classes.
- Function as part of a leadership team, working with church staff under the direction of the senior pastor. Willingness to understand and interact with appropriate committees and councils at Broadway United Methodist Church.
- Ability to handle conflict management and resolution.
- Familiarity with age appropriate spiritual formation curriculum and Bible study materials. Capability to determine new curriculum and order new materials.
- Ability to adapt children's curriculum into family spiritual formation.
- Initiative and motivation to work with children and nurture them in the love of Jesus Christ.
- In addition, a successful candidate must adhere to and uphold "Safe Sanctuaries," a policy of the United Methodist Church designed to ensure the safety of our children. Candidates must also hold a current valid drivers license and undergo a background check that will be coordinated through the church office at Broadway United Methodist Church.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org