Broadway is currently accepting applications for:
-Director of Student Ministries (6th – 12th grade)
Please see details below
Broadway United Methodist Church, located in Paducah, Kentucky near several metropolitan areas, is seeking a 3/8 time Organist. Our church of more than 750 members strongly supports a traditional music program. The music ministry, which provides music for the weekly services, includes an adult choir, handbell choir, and children’s choirs. Broadway’s instrument is a 50 rank three manual pipe organ that has been substantially enlarged and upgraded several times with the most recent update completed in the spring of 2016, which included a new state of the art console and a new festival trumpet. Salary will be negotiable based on experience and qualifications for this position. Additional employment opportunities are available. The candidate should be a Christian and have knowledge and understanding of sacred music and the liturgical year. Broadway is a progressive community that embraces traditional worship and being a part of the world it serves. For more information and inquiries, please go to bumc-paducah.org or call the church office at (270) 443-2401. Resumes may be submitted here. Broadway United Methodist Church, 701 Broadway Paducah, KY 42001. Projected start date for the position is July/August 1, 2018.
Director of Student Ministries (6th – 12th grade)
Broadway United Methodist Church, in Paducah, KY is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Student Ministries. Current participation includes 25-30 youth who gather weekly for small groups and Sunday school, are active in the Memphis Conference (including Lakeshore), and engage in mission and outreach. Located in the heart of a downtown community, this is an exciting opportunity to build relationships and equip students to know and share God’s love.
Some responsibilities include:
- Developing and overseeing programming for students (6th through 12th grade). This includes weekly small groups and gatherings, organizing curriculum, creating mission opportunities, and planning retreats.
- Developing and controlling a budget alongside fundraising.
- Discovering and equipping a team of parents, volunteer adult counselors, and assistants.
- Advocating for students through Church Council and within the congregation.
- Providing space and community where students grow in relationship with Christ and one another in deepening spiritual journeys.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Mature faith and eagerness for continued spiritual growth.
- Lay or clergy member of The United Methodist Church.
- Demonstrated experience in working with, building, and leading teams within a youth ministry context.
- Proven organizational, verbal, written, online, and social media communication skills.
Salary is competitive. Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org